So I was nominated by the absolute beaut, Molly from Little Witch Queen to do the Liebster Award last week! I definitely recommend you check her out, she’s gooorgeous and her make up skills are amazing!
It was a super nice little surprise when I got the twitter notification in work. I see the Liebster Award nominations come and go through the blogging community, but being a pretty new-ish blogger I’ve never actually been nominated so its really nice to feel noticed.
The Liebster Award is set to help us all find new blogs/bloggers and there a few basic rules;
- Link back to the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the questions set by them.
- Nominate other new blogs in your post.
- Notify the nominated blogs once you have published your Liebster post.
8. Once Upon A Time is slowly becoming my all time favourite series to watch, I’m actually catching up with Season 5 whilst doing this post. Its such a good twist on classic Disney fairytales.
9. I’m pretty crap with my makeup skills, I can only do the basics but I’ve aaaalways wanted to learn more. I just find it hard to find the time to do so.
10. I reeeeeally want to visit Disney World for my 21st birthday next year.
11. I spent last Sunday in A&E for the first time since I was 13 because I cut a chunk out of my finger in work, with a pair of scissors. I’m stupidly clumsy.
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
When I started my Media A Level in college a few years ago, part of the course was to create a blog all about my progress throughout the course and I found it really fun. Ever since then I wanted to start my own personal blog, but it wasn’t until about 9 months ago I actually got around to do it. I’m so happy I finally did because I now love it, its great to have my own little corner where I can write about whatever the hell I want, whether it be days out, wishlists or just random crap I find entertaining.
2. Who is your favourite style icon?
Ariel? Snow White? Maleficient? No seriously, I wouldn’t call her my style icon but Demi Lovato is my absolute QUEEN. I love her.
3. Can you name 2 of your favourite bloggers and explain why they’re you’re favourites?
One is definitely the amazing girl that nominated me to do this Liebster Award, Molly from Little Witch Queen. Ahhh that girl is just a little beauty, I love her own little corner of quirkiness in the internet, she’s 100% herself when she writes and she’s just adorable. Plus, her make up is always puuurfect.
Second is Maisie from Thoroughly Modern Maisie because she’s one of the nicest people I’ve met so far on my blogging path, she’s just so lovely and kind!
4. What’s the one wardrobe essential you can’t live without?
Okaaay, I wanna say even though I don’t get to wear them much because I work pretty much everyday is my chunky platform ankle boots! I have about 4 different pairs, they’re perfect for this season.
5. How would you describe your blogging style?
Errrrm, my blogging style? I don’t really have one, I guess its just me! I write about what I want, when I want. I don’t follow any particular style.
6. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
As much as I don’t really see this as much of an achievement but holding down a job I absolutely despised until I was able to find a new one. It was so hard at the time, but I knew how silly it would’ve been to just leave a job without finding a new one to walk into. I’m so proud of myself for sticking it out.
7. What was the last book you read?
I don’t know if many of you will have heard of her, or if she’s a popular author but Laini Taylor has wrote a trilogy, starting with A Daughter of Smoke and Bone, then Days of Blood and Starlight and Dreams of Gods and Monsters. Well the last full book I read was the first one, and I absolutely love it. It’s such a good read if you love mythical creatures and things like that. I must get around to reading the next two.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Anywhere? I really want to visit America, I know its really vague but there’s a huge list I have of places in America I want to go that this post would end up becoming an unwittingly boring read. So we will just leave that there. I also really want to visit Thailand, Australia and Rome.
9. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself settle in a cosy little house with my ultimate favourite person, Nathan. I want to be in a job which I enjoy, hopefully something art related. I want to have had fun in life, visited at least one of my answers from Q8 and to just continue being happy.
10. What was the first movie or book that made an impact on your life?
Honestly? I don’t really know, I grew up around Disney and Harry Potter? I’m one day obviously going to receive my Hogwarts letter and end up in Diagon Alley.
11. What advice would you give to someone who has just started blogging?
Always be yourself. You may get to a stage where you feel like you’re not getting anywhere but get involved, join in twitter chats, make friends, ask them for help/advice. I can guarantee someone will hold out a helping hand. Keep going, it’s definitely worth it.
Kimberley @ The Colour Chronicles
Bethan @ Bethan Likes
Jessica @ Jessica KG
Beverley @ Beverbeee…